Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bucket List Check Off ~ Door Project and Beer Margaritas

Oh what a busy Friday! I was able to check off not one, but TWO items off of my summer bucket list! I started the journey with my door project. I have had my eye out for an old discarded door, and was graciously given one by some good friends.

First, I cleaned the door up and picked the side that I wanted to feature. Also made a plan for what I wanted to do exactly with it.
I had chalkboard, magnetic and picture hanging in mind.



After a run to Greeley to get supplies (and coffee!) I started the process of turning this boring, old door into a piece of art for my living room.

I got magnetic paint and chalkboard paint. The lady at the store suggesting that I paint with the magnetic paint first, applying three thin coats and then a few coats with the chalkboard paint.


Stirring the paint took much longer than I thought it would. It was like someone had made hot chocolate and put more of the powder in than water.


Once I finally got the paint all mixed, it was time to apply the coats. Thankfully the paint dried quickly and the job didn't take long.


I had some help while painting. Thankfully we were able to paint in the shop and not out in the hot sun. It was hot enough.


Finished! Sadly, the magnetic paint did not seem to work. I need to try some smaller magnets to see if that will help. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but the magnetic paint was the most expensive of the paint. I may look for clips to screw in to hold pictures. We will have to see about that one. I will post a picture of the door when I get it home and some decorations on it!

 
Picked out some flowers to plant for the summer. Now I just need to get some pots!

Finally the second check off on the list: beer margaritas! Figured that it could be pretty tasty, or dumped down the drain and the recipe tossed. It is a keeper!

Ingredients
1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
12 fluid ounces tequila
12 fluid ounces water
12 fluid ounces beer
ice
1 lime, cut into wedges
Directions
Pour limeade, tequila, water, and beer into a large pitcher. Stir until well-blended, and limeade has melted. Add plenty of ice, and garnish with lime wedges. Adjust with additional water, if needed.


 

Best part about these drinks was sitting on the porch swing and looking at the beautiful full moon.

A day full of *heart flutters* all around.

3 comments:

  1. Those beer margaritas sound good.
    The door looks great! Good job!!!
    Linda B

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a bummer about the magnetic paint! what color is the magnetic paint? maybe go over it again on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy sarah wish I could have one with you! Audio great ideas on your projects, they look good. :)
    Kendra Porrello

    ReplyDelete