Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day

Once again May first and May Day have snuck up on me. For a few years now I have wanted to do something for this fun day even though I have not ever received or given a May basket. Sadly, since it is such a crazy time of year, the day is upon me before I can get anything together!

Today Mother Nature has blessed us with big, fluffy, wet snowflakes! It snowed most of the day but wasn't too cold. I am thankful for the moisture even though it is keeping me from wearing my Chacos and sitting on my newly remodeled porch swing. I do worry about our field trip tomorrow to the Wildlife Sanctuary, but if nothing else, it will be an adventure.




Today I have a fun *heart flutter* to share with you! Not too long ago, my sister was having a hard time and I wanted to send her a smile. So I had all of my students sign a card for her and we mailed it. Well today, in my mailbox at school, I found a response! My students are going to be so excited. They really like my sister and talk about her often. I had to contain myself and not open it yet until the kids are with me.


 
 

Thank you Erin Molly for the *heart flutter* and making my students and myself smile!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! I remember having a pen pal in 4th or 5th grade. Do you guys do that any more? Glad you could cheer up your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly no. I would like to do that, but there just isn't time to do that kind of stuff and do a good job of it. Kris did something kind of like a pen pal with Social Studies that had sending letters.

      Delete
  2. Fun! Ooo and I love the wild animal sanctuary!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually I am the one posting about the snow--glad it was you this time.♥♫

    ReplyDelete