Monday, July 22, 2013

I Wanna Be Loved Like That


It is time for a lay it all out there, a heart sharing honest post.

 

I am 30. I am single. I have never had a boyfriend. I am ok with that.

 

I am constantly told that I need to lower my standards and that I will never find a husband if I don’t.

 

I call B.S.

 

If I don’t find a husband that meets the standards that I have set, then so be it.

 

I deserve to be loved the way that I want to be loved and no less.

 

I deserve to be loved like

                Forest loves Jenny

I deserve to be loved like

                Gilbert loves Anne

I deserve to be loved like

                Ken loves Barbie

I deserve to be loved like

                Corey loves Topanga

I deserve to be loved like

                Jamie loves Claire

I deserve to be loved like

                Shiloh loves Cheney

I deserve to be loved like

                Donald loves Martha

 

So until then, I will continue living my life with my hope of the love that I rightly deserve and desire.




Dear Husband,
     I just haven't met you yet. My heart is yours and yours alone. I promise to guard it and keep it until the day that you love me. I made this promise to you when I was eleven years old and I am not going to break it now. I love.

3 comments:

  1. May your heart's desire come into your life soon.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Beautiful! We should all wish this for ourselves and our daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold fast to your expectations but keep your eyes open too. Those rough diamonds are hard to spot. By now, you know your own mind so stay true. I applaud your openness and willingness to share.

    ReplyDelete