Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Orange Fizz and Bendy Straws


This morning while I was rushing to get out the door, I frantically was looking for a straw to help me drink my smoothie in the car on the way to work. I found not only a straw, but a bendy straw!

Why is this exciting? Because we also have ice, orange juice and Sprite! I can make Orange Fizz!

When I was younger this was a treat that my grandmother made for my sister and me. We would sit out on the porch and sip our Orange Fizz through a bendy straw. I loved these times with her.

It has been a long time since I have made Orange Fizz, but look forward to my next one!

This is my first attempt at Slice of Life from Two Writing Teachers. I hope that I did it "right" since I am unofficially doing the March Slice of Life Challenge with a few of my students starting on Saturday. They seem pretty excited, so even if I am not doing it right, we will at least get something out of it!


9 comments:

  1. Welcome to our writing community, Sarah! So glad to hear that your students will be participating, too. Orange Fizz sounds like jazzy way to start the day, so much more so than a cup of ordinary coffee...which is what I grab on my way out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I love your slice - it makes me think of my granny who used to make us root beer floats. Bendy straws are the best! :) Can't wait to read more of your slices in March!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun memory! really enjoyed your slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful thing to come upon something so little that means so much and brings such great memories! Great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds perfect for you and your students!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every drink tastes more fun with a bendy straw! You are doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Slice of Life is a good idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are writing, you are doing the slice of life well! I loved how a simple bendy straw brought back such a fun memory for you. Isn't it funny how those little things can make our day?

    ReplyDelete