Sunday, February 23, 2014

Thinking Out Loud on Sunday

I had big plans for Saturday and big plans for a blog post to follow. My body had different plans, so you get this random post on Sunday!

My friend, Cassie over at Rural Running Redhead, participated in Thinking Out Loud on Thursday and  missed that boat, so I am going to do it today. Random thoughts? Yes please.

Yesterday I was going to have a movie-a-thon and it ended up only being one movie. Now I can say I have seen it, I didn't pay to watch it and now I don't ever have to watch it again.

source

Since I slept most of the day yesterday, I was awake at 4:00 this morning. I decided to finish up this book for book club. I was actually able to figure out who the bad guy was before it was revealed! That rarely happens. I then started my next book for the Sweet Summer Fling.


This morning the ground was covered in snow, but later this afternoon it was all gone. So we went to get more firewood and get some fresh air.


It has been years since I have hauled firewood. It made me think of my family and my time growing up. We would cut our own firewood each summer/fall and it was a family affair. Dad would cut the trees down and then cut it into pieces that my sister, my mom and I could handle. It was our job to take it to the truck and put it in the back. Then we would all unload at the house.

I remember one time more than others. Mom was in the Jeep reading Let Me Call You Sweetheart by Mary Higgins Clark and Molly and I were on a grasshopper killing spree while quoting the movie Major League II.
We laughed and laughed!

Now I am watching Pitch Perfect for the unmentionable amount of times avoiding grading papers. Might be aka-awkward tomorrow when my students ask me if I graded their tests.

Well, I think that's it.

What did you do this weekend that is randomly worth mentioning?

1 comment:

  1. I won't ask if you graded the test because I love you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete