Thursday, January 29, 2015

Toe Squeezing

Lunch was over, I was getting tired and my head was starting to throb. Thankfully my hangry problem had been fixed. Naturally I was not in the best of moods and it seemed as if my students weren't listening to me. Was 3:15 ever going to come?
I sat at my document camera waiting for them to finish their daily language review so we could go over it. A few of them weren't picking up on my not-so-subtle hints of getting quiet and to work. My frustration was starting to become my primary emotion when I looked over at a student who had one socked foot up on his desk.
"Benjamin, where is your shoe?"
"I took it off."
"Why?"
"I wanted to squeeze my toes to see how it felt."

What? I couldn't help but laugh. It was the most random thing that I heard all day, yet it made since for that kid. Which by the way, I changed his name to protect the innocence of the darling dear.
I was speechless.
I was in a better mood!

(Are you wondering why there is a random picture of a kitten? Let me tell you. Google search "socked feet" and "toes" Go ahead, do it. GROSS! Both searches. So in order to get the gross pictures off of my search, I typed in the first thing that came to mind just to get the gross pictures away from me. Has nothing to do with the story, but blog posts need some sort of picture right?)

1 comment:

  1. I never had to wonder how getting my toes pinched felt. My dad was ornery! :-)

    ReplyDelete