Sunday, March 29, 2015

Impossible

“Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible  things before breakfast.” – the White Queen, Alice in Wonderland.
What are the six impossible things you believe in? (If you can only manage one or two, that’s also okay.)
Reaching every student - I want to reach every student who walks through my classroom door. I want to meet them where they are at and help fulfill their needs, no matter how basic or complex. Yet, because we live in a imperfect world, this is impossible. There are too many things that get in the way: lack of time, state testing, other classmates, meetings, paperwork, deadlines, standards, grumpy moods, etc. etc. etc.
The war against gray hair - it's in my DNA and is impossible to change. My mother blessed me with a crown of gray hair at an early age. I started showing signs about the middle of college. By the time I started teaching, I was having to color my hair every few months or so. Now, I go every four to six weeks! It looks as if when I do finally stop fighting the battle, it will be a pretty silver color and I like silver. I am just too young to stop fighting just yet.
Here is what I am hoping for!
Stop/more time- We all have moments in our lives when we would have liked to have stopped time and had more of it. More time with a loved one, more time with your children and stop them from growing up so fast, more time to do the things we love, to get more work done, just more time in general. Sadly, time always runs out and stopping it is impossible,
Taking a selfie. IMPOSSIBLE for me to do! I CANNOT take a selfie to save my life! I do better if someone else takes the picture and I can't see what it looks like until after the picture has been taken. I am horrible at Snapchat and only do so with my sister and rarely is it a picture of myself. Molly is good at selfies:
I am not. I am going to spare you my attempts at taking selfies, but will give you ONE that I did ok with and even then, I have issues with it:

Class response: I asked my group of 21 fourth graders to respond to the prompt, and they were all very different and creative. I picked some of my favorite. (I asked the students to make up a fake name to protect the innocent, and that was the hardest part for them!)
~Adotudanus Gratutudy
I believe in me flying without wings and smelling sparkles. I also believe that my Beenie Boose could come to life and I could smell colors, have a pet minion and Olaf. I could have a magical land that I could dance whenever I wanted to. Water that healed everything, even being sick. A magic pen that never runs out.
~Emmy Lou
One is to see a minion riding a unicorn while dancing to "All About that Base."
~McFuzzy Pants
I believe that you can smell sparkles because whenever I walk in a room with sparkles, it smells different. I believe that you can communicate with birds because whenever I talk outside, they always chirp back.

What do you believe in that is impossible?
Have you read Alice in Wonderland? I want to, but am a little scared.

P.S I would give credit to where I found the prompt, but I can't find it again. Pintrest is an amazing thing!

1 comment:

  1. I have a lot of silver hair and like how it glistens in the sun. I think it mostly come from all the tragedy not genetics. I remember waking up after my Dad died and having this long streak of white hair. It's ok though. I'm badass super hero like Rogue. :-)

    Honestly, I don't think there is much that is impossible. I wake up each morning and impossible things happen everyday!

    ReplyDelete