Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Middle of the Night Movitvation

Anyone else up at 1:40 in the morning super motivated? Yeah...didn't thinks so. But I am! Motivation seems to hit me at the worst times. I should also learn NOT to get on Pintrest when I am trying to go to sleep.

It all started when I worked really hard to reach my latest workout goal of getting my next Fitbit badge. I got up early to get on the treadmill and then also got on the treadmill when I got home from school. I was successful!

I think that all this activity made me a little sleepy, so I decided that I would go to bed at 8. Not normally a problem, I have gone to bed that early before and slept the whole night through.
Not this time! I woke up about 11:30 thinking it was time to get up and start the day again.

Well, like a toddler that won't sit still for long in fear of falling asleep, I read a bit and then picked up my phone, BAD IDEA!

Pintrest got me to thinking and before I knew it, I was sitting up in bed with my computer and notebook!

Read alouds and novel studies are the main thoughts keeping me awake.

Lately I have been thinking about how to make each of these events in my classroom better. I have always been content with just reading the book and talking about it and there are times that I think this is ok, but it seems like there is something missing.

I have a plan and I am excited. I also figure what better time to try it out on kids when there is only a month left of school. I can see how it goes with these kids (also without a lot of plan and prep time) and then if it goes well, I can do some more planning and preparing over the summer for the next batch of kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment