Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Virtual Coffee Date

During my senior block of college, we watched a video from Harry Wong. One of the biggest things I took from the video was this:

"Steal, steal, steal."

He was trying to teach us not to recreate the wheel and steal ideas from other teachers. I can do that! In fact, I am going to do so now. I am stealing the idea of a virtual coffee date blog post from fellow teacher and friend, Cassie.

Liquid heaven from The Mean Bean
with Scotti and Erin Molly
If we were having coffee together, I would tell you that we only have 18 days of school left! Where in the world did the year go?! I have had a good year with a group of kids who make me laugh most days.

If we were having coffee together, I would tell you about this one student who is inspiring me like no other.
This picture was taken the day she told me that everything was made in China and then asked me if she was made in China! She caught herself before I could answer and laughed and laughed. Another student happened to find a "Made in China" sticker and put it on her.
 If I have only done one thing right all school year, it will be helping Grace discover her love for writing. She participated in the Slice of Life Challenge in March and wrote every day. She did better than I did. Whenever she has a free moment in class, she is writing. The stories she comes up with are amazing and I am convinced that she is going to grow up to be a children's book author.
Another reason she inspires me every day is the fact that she is ALWAYS positive, happy and confident. I am hardly ever those things! Her confidence is better than anyone I have ever seen. She is how she is, she likes what she likes, and she doesn't care what others think. Today she wore lipstick and rocked it! It looked so good on her and to tell the truth, I was a little jealous!

If we were having coffee together, I would tell you that TED and I are thinking about getting a divorce. He once again needs maintenance done and my bank account is getting pretty upset about it.

If we were having coffee together, I would tell you how I was in the depths of despair that Johnathan Crombie passed away. He made Gilbert Blythe come alive in the hearts of every girl who has ever watched the Anne of Green Gables movies. The way he smiled at Anne and said he was sorry, made my *heart flutter* every time!
If we were having coffee together, I'd ask you what was going on in your world?

No comments:

Post a Comment