Sunday, May 3, 2015

Virtual Coffee Date

I really like these virtual coffee dates, so I am going to write more!
Coffee consumed at Doghouse Espresso in Delta, Colorado
with Sandy in 2011
If we were having coffee together, I'd share with you that we have finally finished state testing for the year! It has been a long and stressful process, full of tears, frustration, and hard work. The students did great and handled everything very well. I am bummed that it will take so long to get the results back, because I am interested in how they did. Either way, I am proud of them and their hard work. I am glad that it is over.

If we were having coffee together, I would share with you that I got a book in the mail this week!
A few years ago, a dear friend told me about Soup on Ice and how great it was. I finally read it out loud to my class last year and everyone LOVED it! So it is my mission to collect all the Soup books. I am having to do it through library sales and PBS since they aren't being published anymore. I had to wait awhile to get this one and can't wait to read it!

If we were having coffee together, I would share with you that we have ten days of school left!
This school year went by very quickly! It has been a whirlwind, but it has been a good one! This class has made me laugh and inspired me often. It's hard to believe that they will be moving on and I will be getting a new batch in August. Then before I know it, they will be graduating! I am also amazed that I have made it through nine years of teaching. NINE! Wow!

If we were having coffee together, I'd share with you that my friend, Cassie, ran a marathon in Nebraska today and I am really proud of her! She inspires me every time I talk to her. When I grow up, I want to be just like her.

If we were having coffee together, I would share with you that I can't believe that it is already May! Every year I want to participate in May Day and the fun baskets, but the stinkin day sneaks up on me every year and I don't do anything! Maybe next year, when I am older.

If we were having coffee together, what would you share with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment