Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Top Ten Authors I've Read The Most Books From

It has been a long time since I have participated in Top Ten Tuesday over at the Broke and the Bookish, but saw this one and got excited! I found my own list surprising but enjoyed reliving some of the moments with these books. There are reasons these authors made the list. Somehow each one has touched my heart in some way, provided an escape or just plain entertained me. A few of the authors will get a few more reads, and some sadly their writing days are over.

Here's who has won me over the most as a reader:

Janet Evanovich - 34 books
It helps that the Stephanie Plum series has 22 books alone! I have also enjoyed the little romance novels that she has written. She makes me laugh!

James Patterson - 24 books
Patterson was the first author that I though of when I sat down to make my list. I thought for sure that he would nab the number one position. It helps that he puts out a book a week! The Alex Cross series has 21 books in it and then he has a few other series that I haven't read. I have read some of the stand alone books.

Jeanette Oke - 16
I forgot about Oke until I was going through my list of books. One of my first adult books read was by Oke (I can't remember which one) and I think she is the reason I fell in love with historical fiction. A few summers ago I devoured the Love Comes Softly Series and wondered why it took me so long to do so. I even had my dad pick up one of the books from my library back home because I was going to be there and needed it! Might be time to pick up another one by her. (Oh Donnigan made the Man Meat list also)

Lynn and Gilbert Morris - 11
This is the Chenney Duvall Series that I feel in love with in high school and am rereading this summer. I even added Shiloh to my Fictional Man Meat list.

Nicholas Sparks - 10
For some reason I was surprised that I have read ten of Sparks' books. I knew that I read a lot, but there were other authors that I thought would have him beat. I haven't read one in awhile and just opted to go to the movies instead.  Another man meat list!

Lucy Maude Montgomery - 8
Anne of Green Gables Series. I feel like that is all I need to say about that. #1 Man Meat - Gilbert

Sharon Creech - 7
As an adult, Sharon Creech was my first favorite children's book author. I read Walk Two Moons first and fell in love. I have several others by her that I want to read.

Kate DiCamillo - 6
My second favorite children's author. I also enjoy reading her Facebook blurbs. I wait anxiously for her next book to be released.

Dom Testa, John Grisham and Rick Riordan - 5
Testa and Riordan each have series that I have read and enjoyed. My first John Grisham book was A Time to Kill and I could not put it down! I am sure that my boss at the swimming pool was not pleased to walk in the office and see me with my nose in this book! 

What author(s) have you read the most of?

5 comments:

  1. I'm just impressed that you have a list of books that you can refer to. I can't even manage to keep Good Reads updated.
    I'm sure Jodi Picoult would be on my list. As well as John Grisham. And Stephen King. But probably the top of the list would be Judy Blume, as I read every one of her books that I could get my hands on in junior high.
    Keep on reading and reporting, my book-loving friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!! Janette Oke made My TTT this week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rick Riordan! I've read about 9 of his books and am literally JUST about to start a 10th! :D So exciting. Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you even counted for each author. I have not read Rick Riordan (I know - shocking) BUT he has been read MULTIPLE times in my house! Both my children eat his books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I like that I only know one author from this list XDD Gives me more to read!

    Ella
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete