Sunday, January 17, 2016

Celebrating This Week



Fist pump for Sunday! Double fist pump because it is a three day weekend!

It has been awhile since I have linked up with Ruth Ayres to celebrate the week. It's good to be back.


This week was a tough week and in the midst of it all, it was hard to find things to celebrate. Which is why celebrating with Ruth is good, because it helps to look back and find those moments.

Our little restaurant in town was once again open from a two week closure and serving tacos in abundance. Naturally I met two of my friends there and we sat and chatted for a good three hours. These two friends are my young friends that are still in high school that I first met when I had them in first grade my second year of teaching. Now here we are eight years later talking over chips and salsa. That's something to celebrate.

Scholastic always gives me reason to celebrate! I was getting ready to hand out book orders and noticed that Natalie Lloyd's new book was ready to be purchased and put into the hands of students and teachers. My excitement bubbled over to my students and several copies were purchased. Thanks to all the awesome parents who bought books for their children and the students who raided their piggy banks, I was able to get my copy with points, which equals FREE for me! That's two celebrations!
Goodreads page
Friday night I finished my 15th row of my thermometer blanket. I was one degree away the other day from using a third color, on the warmer end. I want it to get warmer, mostly because I am tired of this cold, but also because I want to add another color! Come one Mother Nature, work with me! The celebration with this one is that I am still in love with this project!


What are you celebrating this week?

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, thank you so much for letting me know Natalie Lloyd's new book is out. I was waiting for that announcement. She masterfully told her wistful tale in "A Snicker of Magic". Enjoy your "fistpump" weekend.

    ReplyDelete